How Our Technology Works - GPS Tracking Devices
Our platform processes thousands of data-points and our skills are making this data quick and simple to use – delivering the right information to you whenever you need it.
For example, for a single vehicle, trailer or mobile asset we take a positional feed every 20-second via a small box (GPS Tracking Devices) installed in the vehicle that calculates positional information from the network of GPS satellites and transmit this information over the GPRS network.
- For a 100 vehicle fleet we are calculating 28,000 positions a week. When we add additional information, such as, driver behaviour metrics or other inputs this can increase by a factor of 10
- Managing billable hours, the same 100 unit fleet working for an average of eight hours a day; five days a week adds up to 4,000 man hours. Over a month, 16,000 hours; and over a year 192,000 man hours
- We provide the methodology that enables you to review multiple thousands of man hours in seconds to highlight exceptions; trends that provide many opportunities to optimise your business.
We can show you where your time goes and where your costs sit.
Our products and services processes millions of lines of data on a daily basis and as such, the reliance and speed of our network, hosted environment has become a critical component of our total solution.
How our technology works enables the strategic evolution of telematics from a tactical operational tool, to an enterprise-wide, information management solution accessed from a single, cloud-based platform. Masternaut deliver modular telematics applications that deliver step-changes for improving business performance, whilst enabling customers to save up to 20% on their fleet operating cost.
Masternaut servers and hosting environment is maintained in the EU and all Masternaut inter-country processes are governed by this basic requirement. Masternaut acts as a processor and ensure that our software provides the mechanisms to deliver the requirements and configurations required for both customer and national legislation.
Masternaut has invested in the infrastructure to process the data volumes without any drop in performance and which as achieved a consistent 99. 99% system uptime.
At present, we process over 100 million data transactions per day which we load balance across the three servers structures. This is an uplift in process time that allows us to offer real-time data.
This also provides as a resilient three tiered plus off-site back-up for disaster recovery ensuring that if any server is inactive, the remaining servers will continue to function.
- We design, own and deliver all elements of our products – from hardware (e.g. GPS Tracking Devices), firmware, data hosting and web-software. This means we know how every single element interacts with each other providing the fastest, most reliable and the most user-friendly.
- Over €20m has been invested in our support infrastructure and data security during the past 18-months. This investment is larger than many of our competitors total revenues.
- We use real-time event streaming technology (the same as facebook and stock-trading software) to provide our customers with real-time access to their critical information
- We can update our services over the air without the requirement for vehicle visits. This future-proofs your telematics investment as future services can be added.
How We Secure Your Data
Masternaut fully owns the end to end hardware and software solutions we deliver. Our service offering includes the hosting of customer data and we own dedicated secure hosting facilities with three separate datacenters providing robust, secure systems with third party back-up. We have the infrastructure to support a secure host environment and processes to ensure that access to data are protected and always available. All data is hosted within the EEA (European Economic Area as per EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC.
- Three fully owned data centers (2 in the UK, 1 in France)
- Consistent 99,8% system uptime
- Processes 100 million data transactions per day
- Scalable and robust monitored 24 hours day 7 days a week
- Load balanced by spreading incoming data across the data centres.
- Resilient disaster data recovery
Divswitcher 2 content